I am happy to announce that The Mad Botter INC is once again hosting an open-source software development contest for US students. The prompt for this contest is civics broadly. Submissions can be anything to do with civics education, fighting disinformation or providing access to local government resources. The big difference this time, is that we will be having three winners rather than just one! Winners will be announced on Election Day, 11/2/2021.
The winners will get a brand new System76 Thelio, a Linux-powered engineering workstation.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- Your solution must be posted to a publicly accessible Github repository with the appropriate license included.
- You must be a US high-school or middle-school student.
- If you are below the age of 18, you must provide written parental consent to have your submission considered; this can be done via email.
- In the event that you win, The Mad Botter INC is granted the right to post a picture of you in the winning announcement and other applicable venues; if you are below the age of 18 your parent or guardian also provides permission for this by consenting to your entering the contest.
- The winning entries will be the one that shows the most practical potential and creativity and will be selected by The Mad Botter team.
- All submissions should be sent to email@example.com and include a brief bio, explanation of the solution, and a link to the Github repository.
- Submissions will be accepted until 10/15/2021.
I can’t wait to see what you all come up with! For any questions please follow me on Twitter or email and I will be happy to respond.